Once our eyes are opened we cannot pretend we do not know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows we know, and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs 24:12

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wow....This Is Powerful....

Sometimes my heart just doesn't understand why people don't feel the needs of the orphans like I do.  Sometimes I wonder why more families don't choose to add a blessing or two to their family.  Sometimes I start thinking about all of the children at our agency's care center that still don't have a family and it makes me want to bring them home too.  These kids are wonderful, sweet, caring, funny, helpful and the list goes on...but the thing they long to hear most is that they were "chosen".  Have you ever thought about the ones that continue to get left behind and how devastating it must be for them......time ....after time.... after time....to be the one NOT chosen??  This destroys their sense of self worth, slowly over time......what's wrong with me?.....why wasn't I the one that the family "picked"?  I must be not good enough to be loved by a Mom and a Dad, maybe that's why I'm here and not with my birth family.....

Mostly when I start feeling this way, it gets overwhelming to me to think about and to carry, so I just quietly tell myself that maybe, just maybe, God hasn't spoken to their heart yet.

What if that child sitting and waiting for a family of their own.......was YOUR child?  Just think about that........wouldn't you want someone to take YOUR child in?  Well, these are someone's children, they're God's children.....and He wants you to take care of them .....for Him......



If this touched your heart in any way and you feel like God is whispering in your ear...... just let me know and I can fill you in on some wonderful children that are just waiting for you to realize that it is THEM that God is whispering to you about.......
Photobucket

2 comments:

Andrea said...

WOW is right! Thank you for posting!

The Pastoor Family said...

My pleasure Andrea.....guess I got up on my soapbox a bit there! Sometimes it just overwhelms me....

Wendy

Related Posts with Thumbnails