Once our eyes are opened we cannot pretend we do not know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows we know, and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs 24:12

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Introducing.....Amayah Tihun Pastoor!!!

Now that I have our whole trip documented I get the incredible pleasure of making this announcement:

On Friday November 26, 2010, Todd and I became the proud parents of Amayah Tihun Pastoor!  Yep...we passed court and she is legally ours, forever and always!  After two long years of waiting to be able to make this announcement we welcome Amayah Tihun into our family with open arms, hearts full of love and eager anticipation for her embassy date so that we can travel back to Ethiopia to bring her home!

This is the first picture we saw of her:....



......and this is her now.












Welcome to the family sweetie girl.....we can't wait to have you home with us!!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Ah Wendy, those pictures of her with you guys melt my heart! You've been very patient this whole process and God has sure been faithful and blessed you BIG TIME! :0) Much love from our family to yours - I can't WAIT to love on her in May!!!!

Kim Johnston said...

She is beautiful!!!

The Pastoor Family said...

Thanks Ash.....those pics melt my heart too.....I miss her soooo much! Lots of love back at cha....May can't come soon enough! =)

Kim and Eric.....thanks so much......she's beautiful and also Little Miss Personality! ;)

Wendy

Sparrow said...

I have just been catching up on your trip and these pictures are absolutely beautiful!

So happy for your new family,
Susan O.

The Pastoor Family said...

Thanks Susan =) I LOVE taking pictures and I have to say that my picture taking self was a bit frustrated over there. We didn't want to stand there on the city street and visibly take pictures of everything, as we were already being stared at, because we were the only white people around. I didn't want to draw attention to ourselves or offend anyone, so I took "street" pictures secretly as I was walking and holding our smaller camera in my hands in front of me. When we were riding in vehicles it was hard too because their windows were always less than clear =(

I did what I could do when....but my mind is already making a list of what I missed and what I plan to take pics of on our return trips! =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails