Once our eyes are opened we cannot pretend we do not know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows we know, and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs 24:12

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thankful Thursday!



It's been a while since I've done a "Thankful Thursday" post and I feel like today is the perfect day to sit and meditate a bit on this.

Today I am thankful for:

1.  My Hubby.  The silent guy behind the scenes that not only loves me but puts up with me and my crazy ideas.  I don't know if there's any moment of the day when he is not thinking about his family and scheming about the next big surprise he can give us ....or me.  Nuf said about that.

2.  Being able to sell our home within 2 1/2 months in a market where the average is 9 months....and for three great realtors on all sides of our buy/sell that have been so calm and willing to "do what it takes" to make these deals happen.  And....for "finding" a home that is perfect for us and not only that but the price was unbelievably perfect too.  There is a story behind this and it can only be explained as a "God thing".  

3.  Finally receiving our referral.  Since the day that we accepted this referral, I have felt nothing but peace.  No more waiting, wondering, scheming and trying to figure timelines etc. out.....just peace.  Knowing that a little girl was waiting for us to come and get her and bring her home....knowing that we were now hers and she was ours....was the best thing to wake up to every morning through these last weeks of our house selling "adventure"! It's great to be on the other side of the adoption mountain.

4.  ME having such a great support system within our online adoption community.....this has been such a blessing and so invaluable to me.  I'm pretty sure I would have either gone crazy or drove Todd crazy if I would have had to travel this long wait all "alone".  I have made some wonderful friends through this....friends that I'm sure I will have for years to come!  Thanks guys.....you know who you are ;)

5.  For my kids.  They are the greatest.  The last 6 months have been rough...starting back in April with the "getting the house ready to put on the market" projects and then shortly after that, the constant cleaning for showings, that....at times, we thought we would keel over from!  =(  They pulled together as a team and we "got er done".  This is why we always got "A+ smiley faces" from any realtor that brought someone into our house!!  Without your help I couldn't have done it.....you guys are the best!  =)  I love you so much and you make me so proud!!

There are so many more things that I am thankful for and I could go on and on.  But I will stop here as these are my top 5.  Instead of Thankful Thursdays...maybe we should have a "What are you thankful for today" mentality???

What are YOU thankful for today?

Photobucket

3 comments:

Sparrow said...

Love this post-I always appreciate thankulness reminders-it brings everything into perspective. So thankful for my family right now!

Unknown said...

I am thankful to you! For always seeing the silver lining, for being rock-steady and for having a wonderful sense of humor!!!!

michelle said...

Thanks for the reality check of Tkful TH! I'm feeling overwhelmed today with a week of working on all the education (the wkbk, articles, then beginning the Dossier HS docs and preparing for our first HS visit next wk. I of course added on my plate the need to paint our bedroom. So, readying your post made me sit back and say, be thanful you are moving forward, each step means we are closer to our Bundle of Joy.

Thx, too, for the post regarding your daughter's name. Many great points you shared that we will consider, too. Loved reading it!!!

Have a great TH-
mlynne

Related Posts with Thumbnails